“Never help a child with a task at which he feels he can succeed.”
~Dr. Maria Montessori
At Hopkins Montessori School, we allow each child to learn at his or her own pace. We focus on the total development of a child’s personality (social, emotional, intellectual, physical) so she/he will be better prepared to adapt to life and to adjust to the changing conditions of his or her environment.
Our School Mission
- Developing each child’s innate, ultimate potential through high self-expectations
- Developing a positive attitude toward school and learning
- Developing a sense of high self-esteem
- Developing and foster an abiding curiosity
- Developing habits of initiative and persistence
- Fostering inner discipline and a sense of order
- Developing sensory-motor skills in order to sharpen the ability to discriminate and judge
- Developing socially acceptable behavior
- Building habits of concentration and acquire the basic skills necessary for a lifetime of learning.